My weekend turned out to be much more hectic than I had planned so I didn't get to post the recipes like I had wanted to. On the plus side, I did manage to get almost all of DD#1's Christmas and Birthday gifts purchased. I'm sooo excited!
Ok, so anyway, on with the recipe!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup shortening
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
½ teaspoon vanilla
1½ cups quick cooking oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or raisins
In large mixing bowl stir together the flour, both kinds of sugar, salt and soda. Add the ½ cup shortening, egg, milk and vanilla. Stir with wooden spoon till well mixed, or mix with your hands. Mix in the oats and the chocolate chips or raisins.
Turn oven to 350°F. Grease 1 or 2 cookie sheets with some shortening. Drop dough from a teaspoon to make small mounds about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Push dough off one spoon with another spoon.
Put cookie sheet into oven. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Use spatula to lift cookies onto cooling rack. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with rest of dough.
Servings: About 2 dozen cookies
So...the DIBS setup would be as follows: Quart bag: Flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt & baking soda Quart bag: Oatmeal Quart bag: Chocolate chips 1/2 gallon or gallon bag: I would put all 3 quart size bags in one larger bag to keep them all together. That way you don't end up using the chocolate chips in something else by accident. Cuz that's just the kind of thing I would do! lol
Please note that the bag sizes are all approximate since I have never actually done this before. Feel free to switch it up however you want. They are just suggestions and guesses as to what would fit in what. Bon Appetit!
Welcome!
This is a place that I hope will keep me organized during the many winter holidays!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment